Historically, exoneration has been the focus for most fleet safety solutions. And while dash cams can help protect fleets from wrongful blame, they don’t prevent accidents from happening. We’ve set out to change that.
One of our core values at Motive is to advocate for the user. That’s why we’ve spent the last 18 months listening to what our customers want from safety programs. They’ve been looking for a way to proactively identify high-risk drivers before an accident happens. In our line of work, this type of foresight can save lives.
Today, we’re excited to unveil the Motive Safety Hub. It’s a completely new safety experience designed to help fleets manage their entire safety program in one place and prevent accidents.
What is the Safety Hub?
Think of the Safety Hub as the safety command center for your business. It includes driving data, video from the AI-powered Smart Dashcam, and risk profiling from our new risk score called DRIVE. So we’ve essentially created a 360° view into your drivers’ behavior. DRIVE is a first-of-its-kind model that measures driver risk using driving data and AI-insights from the Smart Dashcam. The Safety Hub centralizes this safety data all in one place. Plus it automatically surfaces your high-risk drivers. So you don’t have to play detective.
With a complete view into driver safety, you can automate coaching directly from this hub to the Motive Driver App. You can also track progress over time by benchmarking performance against the largest network of drivers in the nation. Businesses can acknowledge and reward top drivers for retention. Or you can remove repeat offenders before it’s too late.
Tell me more about DRIVE
Current safety solutions produce a simplistic risk score. But that’s only based on the number of telematic events like hard cornering, acceleration, and braking. But road safety is far more complex than that. DRIVE goes deeper into the context of an event, and analyzes additional variables that can affect driver performance. This includes location, weather, vehicle make and model, and many more. The resulting score is a far more accurate measure of a driver’s risk. DRIVE stands for Driver, Road, Imaging, Vehicle, and Environment. And that’s exactly what our algorithm considers.
Every day, DRIVE reviews the tens of millions of data points from our network of over 350k vehicles. This delivers key insights into driving behavior for every road segment across different vehicle types. When the Smart Dashcam detects unsafe behavior like hard braking, DRIVE analyzes the incident to understand the context behind it. It digs deeper to find the answers to your questions. Was your driver cut off? Were they following too close? Or were they on a steep road? DRIVE scores each scenario based on the potential risk. By taking these other factors into account, DRIVE produces unique insights into driver safety at an unprecedented level of accuracy. Based on internal modeling, DRIVE has found that the lowest-scoring 20% of drivers are nearly 2.5x as likely to get into an accident.
With DRIVE behind the wheel, you can proactively improve behavior before a costly accident or devastating verdict. And get to focus your time on preventing accidents and growing your business.
What else can I do in the Safety Hub?
We have lots of new safety features to help fleets identify risk, prevent accidents, and run more efficient operations:
- AI-event detection. Identify unsafe driving behavior with the Smart Dashcam. Including things like close following, cell phone usage, driver distraction, and smoking
- Speeding. Compare vehicle speed to posted speed limits in real time, directly in Motive’s Safety Hub
- Live visibility. Capture real-time snapshots and periodic trip images to ensure unobstructed camera view, connectivity, and trip progress
- Automated collision reporting. Get automatic alerting and reporting when a collision occurs to speed up the insurance process
- In-app driver coaching. Drivers can proactively self-coach by viewing their own videos in the Motive Driver App
How does it all work?
Check it out below.
What do other customers think?
We’re in the business of building products our users love. That’s why Motive’s new safety solution was developed in partnership with our customers. Here’s what some of our customers have to say:
- “The Safety Hub shows you all the actionable information you need, and diving in to understand more about risky behavior is literally a click away.” – Tyler Coatney, ACME Truck Line, Inc.
- “Our drivers love to compete with each other. If they see that this guy is at the top of the list, they all want to be at the top of the list with him. That’s been a great asset for us. I had one guy come in, who has literally changed his driving habits because he knew he was mid-level with everyone else, and he wanted to be at the top. It’s infectious from one driver to the next.” – John Haverstick, Miller Expedited
- “The navigation is intuitive and easy. I can get what information I need, when I need it. The purpose of a technology is to be able to quickly be able to go from one pain to another, right?” – Reed Erskine, Acme Logistics
- “The camera feature has drastically improved the use of seatbelts. We’ve also been able to know more about drivers who are using their cell phone—and it opened our eyes to the fact that we should get phone holders as a solution to avoid this risky behavior.” – Richard Barman, Premium Distributors
- “For one, instead of having to go and view every single event to determine if I need to coach it, it puts my focus on the drivers who need it most. I can coach them to move their scores up, so that frees up time and it shows me where to start.” – Heather Hobbs-Thompson, JMS Transportation
- “Our goal is to have employees go home in exactly the same condition that they came to work in, just with a little more money in their pockets. And do that daily, so that they can go home to their families.” – Dan Mawson, Komatsu
Motive is your trusted partner in accident prevention and exoneration. Our new safety experience is designed to help prevent accidents and protect your business with a proactive approach to driver safety.
To see our Safety Hub in action, request a demo here.