Motive Referral Program
Effective Date: April 12, 2022
Welcome to the Motive referral program, which we will just call the Referral Program.
You’ll find all the legal terms and conditions further down the page, but here are the basics:
Motive has developed electronic logging devices for which we provide subscription services.
When you refer someone to Motive, and they purchase a paid subscription for our services, you’ll each receive a prepaid gift card, subject to the Terms and Conditions below.
1. How to Register to be a Qualified Referrer
In order to be a part of the Referral Program and to receive any prepaid gift cards, you must have received an email from Motive with a referral code or register yourself at this Referral Link. Once you sign up, you will be a Qualified Referrer.
There are exceptions, however. Motive employees, staff, directors, officers, agents or other related parties are not eligible to participate in the Referral Program and cannot be Qualified Referrers.
2. How to Refer Customers and Drivers
Once you are a Qualified Referrer, you may refer parties to the Motive services to receive your prepaid gift cards, subject to the rules below. Referred parties who sign up for paid subscription services with Motive and create an account through your Referral Link are referred to as Referred Users, also subject to the conditions exceptions in the terms below. When the referred parties create an account, that account is called a Referred Account.
3. Eligible Referrals
When Referred Users create a paying Referred Account through a Qualified Referrer’s Referral Link, both the Qualified Referrer and the Referred User will receive a rewards card, called a Referral Reward, per unit of subscription services associated with a Referred Account which becomes a paying account for Motive’s subscription services, subject to the exceptions and these terms and conditions.
4. Referral Rewards
The current Referral Reward is a gift card at the amounts set forth in the table below. Referral Rewards are issued in the form of prepaid gift cards.
The Referral Reward that is in effect when the Referred User Party registers under the Referral Program will be the Referral Reward earned. There is a limit of one Referral Reward issued per Referred Party, whether the Referred Party is an individual, an owner-operator or fleet.
A Qualified Referrer must have a valid email address set up to receive Referral Rewards.
The Referral Reward amounts are issued based on the following table:
|# of subscriptions purchased by the Referred Party||Qualified Referrer||Referred Party|
|1 – 4||$150||$100|
|5 – 9||$200||$100|
|10 – 19||$500||$200|
|20 or more||$1,000||$200|
5. Exceptions to Referrals
- A Referred User or Referred Account cannot be associated with a Motive account which is already a paying account.
- If a Referred User or Referred Account is referred to us by multiple parties, only the Qualified Referrer whose Referral Link was used will have the right to any rewards.
- A Referred User or Referred Account will only be eligible for any rewards upon first payment made under such Referred Account.
- A Qualified Referrer and a Referred User and/or Referred Account cannot have the same IP Address.
- A Qualified Referrer must not have posted their Referral Link on a coupon website or discounts website.
- A Qualified Referrer must not have violated any of the Additional Rules below.
- A Qualified Referrer and a Referred User cannot be the same person or entity, i.e. you can’t refer yourself or your company and receive and Referral Rewards.
- Referral Rewards may not be combined with any other discounts or promotional offers, e.g. if a Referred User takes advantage of a promotional offer or discount, neither the Qualified Referrer nor the Referred User will be eligible for Referral Rewards under this Referral Program
6. Additional Rules
- No spamming or bulk emailing, or sending of unsolicited emails in volume to potential parties, is allowed to generate referrals. Qualified Referrers may only send emails to people personally known, or who have opted into a Qualified Referrer’s marketing efforts.
- Once the Reward has been paid out (the email containing redemption URL), the receiver has 4 months to claim their prepaid card. Once activated, they will have 7 months to use the prepaid card.
- Qualified Referrers are not permitted to share the Referral Link through any form of paid search advertising (Google AdWords, etc.) or paid social media advertising, but may share on personal social media accounts.
- When posting a Referral Link to any public media or social media, the Qualified Referrer must make it clear that the Qualified Referrer expects to receive a Referral Reward for posting the Referral Link.
- Qualified Referrers may in no event attempt to access, manipulate or use the Motive software or other intellectual property related to the Referral Program or otherwise, at any time.— If you receive a Referral Reward, you are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees resulting from it
7. MORE LEGAL STUFF
- Motive is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Qualified Referrers or Referred Users while participating in the Referral Program.
- By participating in the Referral Program, you release Motive and their agents from all liability, including, without limitation, with respect to the Referral Rewards.
- Motive reserves that right to suspend you as a Qualified Referrer from the Referral Program at any time and reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Referral Program at any time.
- Qualified Referrers and Referred Users shall indemnify and hold harmless Motive from any claims, losses or damages resulting from claims brought against Motive for any acts or omission by any party under the Referral Reward Program, including without limitation any claims related to unauthorized representations and warranties made, or violation of obligations under the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Motive reserves the right to terminate the account(s) of any Referring Party or Referred Party at any time in its sole and absolute discretion, and shall have no responsibility whatsoever to the Qualified Referrer or Referred Users, other than to pay Referral Rewards as may be owing but unpaid prior to termination, provided there has been no breach of these terms and conditions.
- Motive shall have the right to refuse payment of Referral Rewards to either or both parties who violates any of the terms and conditions of this Referral Program.
- Upon termination, all rights and obligations of the parties shall cease and be of no further effect, save and except those provisions that by their nature survive termination.