Company | Legal
Policies & Agreements
Motive Customer Referral Program
Effective Date: June 1, 2023
Welcome to the Motive Customer Referral program.
You’ll find all the legal terms and conditions further down the page, but here are the basics:
Motive has developed hardware devices for which we provide subscription services, as well as a spend management platform. If you are a Motive customer in good standing, when you refer someone to Motive via your personal referral link and they make a qualifying purchase for our services, you’ll each receive a prepaid gift card, subject to the Terms and Conditions below.
1. How to Register to be a Qualified Referrer
In order to be a part of the Referral Program and to receive any prepaid gift cards, you must be a current Motive customer, have an active subscription in good financial standing, and register via our online portal by logging in and visiting the “Earn Cash” tab. Once you sign up, you will be a Qualified Referrer with a unique referral link.
Customers may not refer themselves. Motive employees, staff, directors, officers, agents or other related parties are not eligible to participate in the Referral Program and cannot be Qualified Referrers.
2. How to Refer Customers and Drivers
Once you are a Qualified Referrer, you may refer parties to the Motive services to receive your prepaid gift cards, subject to the rules below. Referred parties who sign up for paid subscription services with Motive and create an account through your Referral Link are referred to as Referred Users, also subject to the conditions exceptions in the terms below. When the referred parties create an account, that account is called a Referred Account.
3. Eligible Referrals
When Referred Users create a paying Referred Account through a Qualified Referrer’s Referral Link, both the Qualified Referrer and the Referred User will receive a rewards card, called a Referral Reward, per unit of subscription services associated with a Referred Account which becomes a paying account for Motive’s subscription services, subject to the exceptions and these terms and conditions. Rewards will be delivered within 90 days of the closed sale.
4. Referral Rewards
The current Referral Reward is a prepaid gift card at the amounts set forth in the table below. The Referral Reward that is in effect when the Referred User Party registers under the Referral Program will be the Referral Reward earned. There is a limit of one Referral Reward issued per Referred Party, whether the Referred Party is an individual, an owner-operator or fleet.
A Qualified Referrer must have a valid email address set up to receive Referral Rewards.
The Referral Reward amounts are issued based on the following table:
|# of subscriptions purchased by the Referred Party||Qualified Referrer||Referred Party|
|1 – 4||$150||$100|
|5 – 9||$200||$100|
|10 – 19||$500||$200|
|20 or more||$1,000||$200|
5. Exceptions to Referrals
- A Referred User or Referred Account cannot be associated with a Motive sales qualified opportunity with sales activity within the last 90 days.
- A Referred User or Referred Account cannot be associated with an existing paying Motive account.
- If a Referred User or Referred Account is referred to us by multiple parties, only the Qualified Referrer whose Referral Link was used will have the right to any rewards.
- A Referred User or Referred Account must have completed the online form accessible via the Qualified Referrer’s Link prior becoming a paying Motive account.
- Both the Qualified Referrer and Referred User/Account will only become eligible for rewards if the Referred User/Account subscription is on a quarterly, semi-annual, or annual billing frequency, has been active for at least 30 days, there are no overdue payments on the Referred Account, and the Qualified Referrer’s account remains active and in good financial standing for at least 30 days after the Referred User/Account subscription starts.
- A Qualified Referrer and a Referred User and/or Referred Account cannot have the same IP Address.
- A Qualified Referrer must not have posted their Referral Link on a coupon website or discounts website.
- A Qualified Referrer and a Referred User cannot be the same person or entity, i.e. you can’t refer yourself or your company and receive and Referral Rewards.
- Referral Rewards may not be combined with any other discounts or promotional offers, e.g. if a Referred User takes advantage of a promotional offer or discount, neither the Qualified Referrer nor the Referred User will be eligible for Referral Rewards under this Referral Program.
- A Qualified Referrer must not have violated any of the Additional Rules below.
6. Additional Rules
- No spamming or bulk emailing, or sending of unsolicited emails in volume to potential parties, is allowed to generate referrals. Qualified Referrers may only send emails to people personally known, or who have opted into a Qualified Referrer’s marketing efforts.
- Once the Reward has been paid out (the email containing redemption URL), the receiver has 4 months to claim their prepaid card. Once activated, they will have 7 months to use the prepaid card.
- Qualified Referrers are not permitted to share the Referral Link through any form of paid search advertising (Google AdWords, etc.) or paid social media advertising, but may share on personal social media accounts.
- When posting a Referral Link to any public media or social media, the Qualified Referrer must make it clear that the Qualified Referrer expects to receive a Referral Reward for posting the Referral Link.
- Qualified Referrers may in no event attempt to access, manipulate or use the Motive software or other intellectual property related to the Referral Program or otherwise, at any time.
- If you receive a Referral Reward, you are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees resulting from it.
- Motive is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Qualified Referrers or Referred Users while participating in the Referral Program.
- By participating in the Referral Program, you release Motive and their agents from all liability, including, without limitation, with respect to the Referral Rewards.
- Motive reserves that right to suspend you as a Qualified Referrer from the Referral Program at any time and reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Referral Program at any time.
- Qualified Referrers and Referred Users shall indemnify and hold harmless Motive from any claims, losses or damages resulting from claims brought against Motive for any acts or omission by any party under the Referral Reward Program, including without limitation any claims related to unauthorized representations and warranties made, or violation of obligations under the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Motive reserves the right to terminate the account(s) of any Referring Party or Referred Party at any time in its sole and absolute discretion, and shall have no responsibility whatsoever to the Qualified Referrer or Referred Users, other than to pay Referral Rewards as may be owing but unpaid prior to termination, provided there has been no breach of these terms and conditions.
- Motive shall have the right to refuse payment of Referral Rewards to either or both parties who violate any of the terms and conditions of this Referral Program.
- Upon termination, all rights and obligations of the parties shall cease and be of no further effect, save and except those provisions that by their nature survive termination.