What are fleet management costs?
Fleet management costs refer to all expenses and fees incurred that keep your commercial fleet running. In short, it’s the cost of doing business.
These costs tend to fall under two spending categories:
- Capital costs. These include acquisition — not only the actual purchased vehicle price but also the cost of obtaining the finances — ongoing vehicle financing, and depreciation.
- Operating expenses. These include vehicle fuel, service, maintenance, and repair; taxes; and insurance premiums.
Other expenses can include:
- Fleet management software costs such as buying, installing, and renewing your subscription, if applicable
- Personnel salaries
- Building expenses
- Vehicle remarketing
- Toll and other special fees
- Costs for accidents, theft recovery, and other incidents, etc.